Tuesday 24 March 2009

The seven films I really can't wait to see this year that haven't been released yet

Dragonball Evolution: Based on Akira Toriyama's 42 volumed manga series Dragonball, which was the first manga series I read, the characters don't look quite right but from the stuff I've seen from trailers it looks quite good and has the feel of the manga to it.
Iron Maiden: Flight 666:A documentary on Maiden's latest World Tour, hopefully there'll be a few full live tracks within the documentary, though its only on for one night only it may be easier to catch it on DVD but how could you pass on the opportunity to see one of the biggest metal bands on the big screen.
Star Trek: I'm not that much of a trekkie anymore and I wasn't that big of a fan of the original series but I'm interested in seeing what J.J. Abrams has done with the film.
Terminator: Salvation: I'm liking this take of the Terminator franchise, it's nice to see that despite that all was done, the future that everyone tried to prevent, happened.
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen: There looks like theres alot going on in this film with bigger villains and more explosions than all of Michael Bay's films put together, it'll definetly be the film of the summer.
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra: Don't really remembering seeing this as a kid but it looks good, since I don't remember seeing it I have a feeling I won't have a high expectation of this.
Astro Boy: Another manga adaptation this time done in CGI Animation, while the animation does look rather Americanised, Astro Boy himself looks closely to the way he was drawn by Osamu Tezuka, while it is animation it'll be aimed at kids but I'll be going because I really like the story Tezuka crafted

No comments:

Post a Comment