Monday 9 March 2009

Currently Listening To...

I enjoy listening to different songs each day but I find myself returning to the following songs everyday.

Aimee Allen- I'd Start A Revolution: The theme tune to Birds of Prey (a 13 episode series set in an alternate reality following Batman and Catwoman's daughter) but that's not the point, this song speaks to me it's like a personal mantra with lyrics such as:

'Up all night,

I waste my time,
I am fine,
But a day behind'

and the chorus

'I'd start a revolution,

If I could get up in the morning'

I don't know if theres a more perfect song for the average young person but for now I'll take this.

Coheed and Cambria- Welcome Home (Clown-Slipknot mix): I love the regular version but this sounds more grandiose with it's heavy use of strings and the shift of how the vocals sound i.e. how it'll sound computerised one moment then sound normal the next instance.

Fall Out Boy ft John Mayer- Beat It: OK I'm not a massive fan of Fall Out Boy, this is one of the few songs that I can stand the vocalists voice, for a cover its pretty good, there's a few nice instrumental parts that don't come across, like the cow drum thing and the tinkling of the keys in the chorus that just makes the song sound busy and the guitar solo while not as good as the original sounds like its trying not to top the original solo from Michael Jackson's version.

HIGH and MIGHTY COLOUR- Pride: Probably my favourite J-Rock/J-Pop song, it has a nice blend of pop style singing mixed in with a fragment of screaming and rapping, and the pacing of the song is really great it starts slow but gradually builds the pace up into a blistering solo which just sounds mesmerising.

Lenny Kravitz- I'll Be Waiting: This is the most mellow song on my list, the constant piano is just so soothing and when the guitar kicks in it feels natural and doesn't outstay it's welcome, vocally and lyrically it's very ballady and kicks into power ballad status.

My Chemical Romance- Desolation Row: I love this punkier version of MCR it sounds raw and fresh and yet have their distinct sound still intact, the song sounds like it is meant to be that length (the Bob Dylan version is over 10 minutes long, this is just under 3 minutes long)the song is the part of the Watchmen film and sounds really relevant to the characters within the film (the lines 'Now at midnight all the agents, and the superhuman crew, Come out and round up everyone, That knows more than they do' feature in the graphic novel after all)

Revolucian- Bale Out: The remix of the three minute rant of Christian Bale it's rather catchy and still makes me laugh no matter how many times I hear it.

Scott and Aimee- Silence is Violence: The song is mellow, but the lyrics sort of make the song, slightly better and more polished than Aimee Allen's earlier attempt with the song and I think it's cos Scott Russo (of Unwritten Law) has a backing presence that isn't overbearing but supportative.

No comments:

Post a Comment